Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition is a multiplayer fighting game that utilizes the advanced capabilities of the Nintendo 3DS to place the same console gaming experience found in Super Street Fighter IV in the hands of handheld gamers. The game utilizes the 3DS wireless functionality to allow for seamless multiplayer action, as well as a crystal clear spectator mode and StreetPass functionality that automatically shares information with other 3DS owners you pass and allows for automatic battles in Figurine Mode. Other features include: 35 playable fighters, two control schemes, an optional over-the-shoulder fighting perspective in 3D Mode and single card multiplayer functionality.
- Online / Local Wi-Fi Multiplayer – Fight your friends around the world or in the same room with the only title to utilize the full capabilities of Nintendo’s online network at launch.
- 35 Playable Characters – Play as a huge array of fighters ranging from classic world warriors like Ryu, Ken, Guile and Chun Li to the newly added Hakan and Juri.
- Figurine Mode – The collectible meta-game features figurines of iconic characters in a brand-new addition to the Street Fighter franchise. When passing by another Nintendo 3DS owner, your chosen figurines will automatically battle via StreetPass. Next time you play the game you can view the results and collect your loot.
- 3D Mode – A new over-the-shoulder camera option has been added, offering an exciting new perspective of the action.
- Game Sharing – Play a game with a friend using the ever-popular Ryu, even when they don't have a cartridge.
- Be A Spectator – With the Spectator Mode, use your own Nintendo 3DS to watch your friends battle it out live.
- Lite/Pro Control Modes – By utilizing a customizable touch screen interface, two new optional control schemes have been added to allow new players to pull off challenging moves with ease (Lite) and veterans to better access button combinations such as throws and three punches (Pro).